WA Ride 22nd October (was 16/10)

Rides, issues, meets or general information regarding WA FJR events.
Steve
Sir Dickie Two Knees
Sir Dickie Two Knees

WA Ride 22nd October (was 16/10)

Postby Steve » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:28 pm

Well, time to saddle up and go for a ride.

I've got Monday off, Laurie (Helixxx) has everyday off. So, we're going to see what sort of fuel range his Tracer has..... LOL I need to put some kilometres into the new suspension. ***update - amended ride date of Sunday 22nd October***

A 'gentle' (genteel?) run down the Brookton, out to Beverley, York, Northam, Toodj, Bindoon, GinGin, Woodridge and back home to Northern suburbs of Perth. 471 kms

If anyone else can wrangle a day off, PM me for RV points/times.
FarRider #161

FOREVER RIDING Image WITH "DAVO" FarRider #1

BlueW
Scraping The Pegs
Scraping The Pegs

Re: WA Ride 16th October

Postby BlueW » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:39 am

Regrettably I will have to work as all my leave for this year is planned out to the day and a recent trip east for a funeral has depleted my flex leave. After 9 Mar next year I will have every day free like Laurie. :flags-australia:
Blue

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. Gen George S. Patton

Steve
Sir Dickie Two Knees
Sir Dickie Two Knees

Postby Steve » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:34 pm

ok...we've postphoned the ride and we're looking at next Sunday now 22nd October.

Same route.
FarRider #161

Gus
Removing the Chicken Strips
Removing the Chicken Strips

Postby Gus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:43 am

Steve wrote:ok...we've postphoned the ride and we're looking at next Sunday now 22nd October.

Same route.

Possibly in,
2014 FJR, 2012 ZX14R, 2009 ZX14.
FarRider #159

Steve
Sir Dickie Two Knees
Sir Dickie Two Knees

Re: WA Ride 22nd October (was 16/10)

Postby Steve » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:53 pm

A great ride today.

The weather gods smiled down, and the thunderstorms that were forecast never eventuated. On the way to Lauries place, I noticed I had 2 bars of fuel remaining. Hmmm....better fill the old girl up.

Found a servo on the way, pulled in. Started filling up, then thought "You bloody idiot.....with 2 bars range showing...it was still more than enough to cover the range of Lauries new 3 cylinder scooter" :lol:

Met with Laurie, usually stirring exchange of banter and we were on our way. Me leading. GPS telling me the correct turns....until Laurie starts riding beside me, telling me to go a different direction. Fine I thought...you lead, and motioned to him to do so. Bloody hell, he drops in behind me and continues to chastise me for going the 'wrong' way. LOL.... such are the extremes of riding with ol' mate. :clap:

All good, out of Kalamunda and down to the Brookton Hwy......the 3 cylinder hanging on in my mirrors nicely. A quick coffee and a pie at Brookton and it was onto Beverley, York and Northam. Pulled in to refuel (for Laurie's Benefit), but he believed he could push on to Toodyay. No problem...we follow the Avon river thru the valley. The river showing a higher level than I have ever seen before. A sure indication of how much rain we have been receiving over here lately.

Into Toodyay, a fill up (Laurie had 2 litres left in the Tracer), and on thru town, with a quick stop for a licence check by some clowns who had white FJR's with hi-viz tape all over them. Very unfriendly FJR riders....might check their credentials if they try and join here.

No problems from our interaction with WAs finest. Onwards to Bindoon and the famous Bindoon Bakehous. Yum.

Pie, coffee, visor clean, and we turned towards home.We rode together until Bullsbrook, where I bid farewell to Laurie, and turned right towards the coast and home.

A great ride, thoroughly enjoyable. The new suspension on my bike is simply brilliant. The bike tracks so truly thru a corner, does not get unsettled with any bumps etc. No strain at the bars anymore, really inspires confidence. Very very happy. Wilbers FTW.
FarRider #161

Return to “WA”