Suspensions R Us - Melbourne

FJR Friendly business's and people
Steve
Sir Dickie Two Knees
Sir Dickie Two Knees

Suspensions R Us - Melbourne

Postby Steve » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:08 am

As some of you would have seen, I'm about to replace my OEM rear shock.

It's done 100k klms and starting to weep, so time to come out. I've decided against refurbishing and re-installing the original shock. I will get it refurb'd but keep it as a spare.

Thru discussions with Thommo, I've been scouring the website https://suspensionsrus.com.au/index.php?route=common/home

I did look at overseas providers, but got a little gun shy when I thought about potential warranty issues, legitimacy of "Ohlins" branded products (real deal or just a poor replica) etc.

Thommo gave the above website a big wrap, and we all know what Thommo expects from his bikes, so his word (as far as I was concerned) was gold. Pete (White Tiger) also chimed in with great advice for me, and armed with this new founded confidence, I started communicating with Izzy at Suspensions R Us. Such an easy process. And a great pricing provided for a complete suspension refurbishment.

I'm settling on the 640 shock, blue spring, front springs and oil as a complete package.

Absolutely brilliant communication via email, and also thru their Facebook page.

I can see why Thommo raves about this business.

Stay tuned for further updates as I re-count the purchasing process, postage, fitment and first test rides :)
FarRider #161

FOREVER RIDING Image WITH "DAVO" FarRider #1

predator
Removing the Chicken Strips

Re: Suspensions R Us - Melbourne

Postby predator » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Following
12' FJR1300AP
11' Kawasaki Ninja 1000
86' Honda 250R
8X' JAWA350
00' 200CC Chinese Trail bike

dmsantam
Scraping The Pegs
Scraping The Pegs

Postby dmsantam » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:55 pm

i got the wilbers 640 (with remote hydraulic preload adjuster) from suspensions r us about 2 years ago. am still very happy with the shock. i fitted it myself. i also got the wilbers front springs to suit my weight. you won't regret your purchase :clap:
Dan, from Sydney
2001 Deep Purplish Blue Yamaha FJR 1300. The fastest and hottest FJR.

predator

Postby predator » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:35 am

Any updates mate ?

Steve wrote:As some of you would have seen, I'm about to replace my OEM rear shock.

It's done 100k klms and starting to weep, so time to come out. I've decided against refurbishing and re-installing the original shock. I will get it refurb'd but keep it as a spare.

Thru discussions with Thommo, I've been scouring the website https://suspensionsrus.com.au/index.php?route=common/home

I did look at overseas providers, but got a little gun shy when I thought about potential warranty issues, legitimacy of "Ohlins" branded products (real deal or just a poor replica) etc.

Thommo gave the above website a big wrap, and we all know what Thommo expects from his bikes, so his word (as far as I was concerned) was gold. Pete (White Tiger) also chimed in with great advice for me, and armed with this new founded confidence, I started communicating with Izzy at Suspensions R Us. Such an easy process. And a great pricing provided for a complete suspension refurbishment.

I'm settling on the 640 shock, blue spring, front springs and oil as a complete package.

Absolutely brilliant communication via email, and also thru their Facebook page.

I can see why Thommo raves about this business.

Stay tuned for further updates as I re-count the purchasing process, postage, fitment and first test rides :)
12' FJR1300AP
11' Kawasaki Ninja 1000
86' Honda 250R
8X' JAWA350
00' 200CC Chinese Trail bike

Steve
Sir Dickie Two Knees
Sir Dickie Two Knees

Postby Steve » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:04 pm

I emailed them earlier this week, and asked the same question.

response from Izzy was that all is on schedule, and I should be getting tracking details for the 'package' very shortly. I told Izzy I am on holidays for 2 weeks as of tomorrow, and wanted to get all this done during that time. Izzy's response was "no need to worry, all good" :)
FarRider #161

FOREVER RIDING Image WITH "DAVO" FarRider #1

Return to “FJR Friendly Vendors & Feedback Forum”